High Performance Object Storage
S3 Standard API along with best in class performance.
With the acquisition of OpenIO, OVHcloud's ambition is to create the best Object Storage offer on the market.
The combination of the functional richness and performance of OpenIO’s technology with OVHcloud's industrial and cloud infrastructure expertise enables the design of a very large-scale object storage offering at the best price/performance ratio.
The new High performance Object Storage offer is about to be available in BETA version.
The new High Performance Object Storage
- Relies on Erasure Coding 6+3
- Chunks are distributed in different racks within the same location
- Proposes a wide coverage of S3 standard API
- Will be consistent by design
S3 Coverage Matrix :
This is a free beta
Public Cloud contractual conditions do not apply to this beta. As it comes without any SLA, this product should be only used for testing and not used in production.
The use of the offer will be charged as soon as it comes to GA. Beta users will be informed 1 month before General Availability, about the targeted Business Model and defined pricing.
Please give us feedback through the following channel :
- Gitter : ovh/High-Perf-Object-Storage
- Github : https://github.com/ovh/public-cloud-roadmap/issues/38
- This is a closed BETA with a limited capacity, customers will be selected regarding several criterias.
- The offer is available in SBG only for the time of the BETA.
- The offer is available through API only for the time of the BETA (Customer Control Panel will be available for the GA).
Wanna be part of it ?
Please fill in the subscription form (link at the bottom of this page). The lucky ones will receive an email with all the information they need to onboard.
The others will be notified as well.
Your data stored in the High Performance Object Storage will be free of charge during the BETA. Any other usage within your Public Cloud will be normally charged.
The service will only be available in Strasbourg (SBG) location during the BETA, thus your data will be stored in Strasbourg datacenters.
High Performance Object Storage will only be available through S3 API calls with a wider coverage than the current Standard Object Storage one.
SWIFT API calls will not be available for High Performance Object Storage.