Managed Private Registry
More than just another Docker registry
A private container registry is an essential component of any cloud-native software development and deployment pipeline. OVH chose to base this fully-managed offering on the CNCF-backed open-source Harbor project. Harbor© adds many enterprise-grade features on top of the standard Docker registry, guarantying total compatibility with the Docker and Kubernetes ecosystems.
The service is completely standalone and can be used by any container orchestrator (at OVH or anywhere else) to organize and serve your images at each container deployment.
This service is deployed, secured and maintained up to date and running by OVH and it features:
- Support for container images and HELM charts* - making it the best registry service for Kubernetes users
- Dedicated Harbor© API and UI - offering a user-friendly way to configure your service in addition to Docker registry API
- RBAC and namespaces - to distribute access to your teams and colleagues in a secure way
- Robot accounts* - allowing automated systems, like CI/CD tools, with a token granted with specific permissions
- Logging - for regulatory compliance or more generally to find out who performed each operation
- Content Trust* - with integrated Docker Notary, verifying the images came from a trusted source
- Vulnerability scanning* - with the integrated Clair, regularly checking your images against multiple CVE databases
- Replication* - synchronizing images between multiple registries based on your policies
- Garbage collection - automating the deletion of unused images
*These features are not yet supported and will be activated at a later stage of the beta
CREATE A NEW REGISTRY
You need to have a (free to create) OVH Public Cloud account to use this beta service.
You will be redirected to the OVH cloud control panel, where you will find a new "Private Registry" section.
Originally developped by VMware©, Harbor© is now a Cloud Native Computing Foundation project, available under the Apache 2 license. OVH is a proud sponsor of the CNCF and also offers a certified Managed Kubernetes© Service .
During the beta phase, the service is free. Once the beta period ends, we will offer different tiers of service, each tier will have a generous, predefined volume of storage and a given number of concurrent connections to your service. There will be no extra fee for traffic, which means that your costs are completely predictable. The exact pricing will be communicated before the end of the beta period to all beta users.
During the beta phase, the service will only be available in our GRA (Western Europe) region. We will offer multiple regions in the future. Note that all the traffic to and from the registry is totally free.
During the beta, no contractual support will be offered through the traditional OVH channels (ticketing, telephone...). Our private registry team will be very happy to help you, on a best-effort basis, on https://gitter.im/ovh/container-registry (publicly accessible). Even though we will provide SLA and production-class quality when the service is launched commercially, please do not use it for critical applications during the beta phase. As set out in our Beta Terms of Service, we may interrupt the service at any time during that phase and your data may be lost.
No, you will have your own Docker Registry and Harbor API endpoint. Once you have adequate credentials you can use these with any container tool or orchestrator, at OVH or anywhere else.
Our services expands on the features of the Docker Registry, as detailed on this page. It will also feature SLA and a total predictable cost with no traffic billing, whether you use the registry to deploy your containers on OVH public cloud or anywhere else.
Some features are not available at beta launch and will be integrated later. This includes storage usage information, plan management (to benefit from more storage and parallel connections) and a few more. Details of known limits and missing features can be found in the documentation below.